8 Steps to Install the Cooltrax Interface / Power Cable on a Thermo King (Blue box) unit:
- Read entire installation guide before proceeding with installation.
- Turn microprocessor switch located on the side of the microprocessor box to off.
- Thermo King Blue Box should already be installed by your Thermo King dealer as seen in Figure 1.
- Locate the Cooltrax interface/power cable and install the ring terminal on ground wire to “CH” (Ground) on the lower board with the provided ring terminal already attached in Figure 2.
- With the TK Blue Box 3rd Party Harness installed by your dealer, locate the 6 pin 3rd Party Connector. Connect the Cooltrax reefer interface cable to the 6 pin connector in Figure 3.
- Route the reefer interface/power cable through the harness grommet and above the microprocessor box and allow to hang freely if installing other Cooltrax components. Otherwise, connect the 2 pin cable to POWER and connect the 4 pin cable to COM 2 on the UMD and cleanly zip tie the remaining cabling.
- Close microprocessor box and turn microprocessor switch located on the side of the microprocessor box to on.
- Follow Figure 4 instructions to enable Remote Access. Once enable, power reefer completed off and then back on.
- Turn unit ON.
- Press the MENU key before the engine starts.
- Press the EXIT and BLANK spot keys simultaneously until you see Maintenance Menu appear.
- Press the NEXT key repeatedly until you get to the “Set Time and Date” selection.
- Press the EXIT and BLANK spot keys simultaneously until you see Guarded Access Menu appear.
- Press the SELECT key. You should be at the “Programmable Features” selection.
- Press the NEXT key repeatedly until you get to the “REMOTE DEVICE” selection.
- Press the SELECT key.
- Press the '+' (plus) key to change value to ENABLED.
- Press YES to select.
- Press EXIT until you reach the main screen.
- Unit will now have REMOTE DEVICE = ENABLED for two-way operation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.